TreeTops Canopy Tour in The New River GorgeEnvironmentally conscious design & operation in a world class setting make for a thrilling and unique canopy tour. TreeTops is located minutes from the rim of the New River Gorge, with ten zip lines and five skybridges.
Environmentally-Designed, Sustainably-OperatedWe have been blessed with natural structures for our Canopy Tour creating a spiraling Zip Line Canopy Tour Course. You will be just as impressed with the quiet splendor of the views from the tree tops are you are with the thrill of the quiet magical zip lines and skybridges.
TreeTops Canopy tour course is integrated into the natural surroundings of our Mill Creek campus.The course creation included thorough site selection and surveying, environmental ground work and creating access points with minimal branch and brush removal. We focused on keeping nature unscathed and use West Virginia’s natural beauty and complexity to create the course.
Look for information coming soon about our efforts to establish our Mill Creek forest course area as a research station for natural biological control of the woolly adelphid pest that is threatening U.S. hemlock forests.
Watch the Canopy Tour video and see the course for yourself.
What To Expect in Your TreeTops Canopy Tour
- TreeTops Canopy Tours are professionally guided tours.
- New River Canopy Tour - TreeTops Tours consist of 8 guests and 2 tour guides per departure time.
- After signing a release (assumption of risk and indemnity form), a presentation about the equipment and procedures will be given to you & you will be fitted with a harness, helmet and gloves.
- Prior to departing on the tour, guides will clip you onto our trial "ground school" zip line (located 5 feet above the ground) for you to learn proper zip line techniques. We will also demonstrate the safety procedures we will be following during the tour.
- You will complete 10 zip lines. Zip lines vary in length from just over 100 feet to as long as 730 feet, with zip speeds of up to 30 miles an hour!
- You will walk on 5 sky bridges, take 3 short hikes to gain elevation (you need to be physically capable of walking up a 10% grade trail for 830 feet) and end your adventure with a rappel down from the final platform! A short shuttle brings you back to our Adventure Center.
Canopy Tour Frequently Asked Questions
|TreeTops Canopy Tour|
|Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter||Price: $109+tax|
|Age: 10 years old minimum||Meals: none|
|Length: 3-3.5 hours||Restrictions: Must weigh between 90-260 pounds.|
|Book Your Trip Now|
|Book A Package Now|