TreeTops Canopy Tour Policies & GuidelinesInformation and answers to questions about the New River Gorge Treetops Canopy Tour, please read carefully.
TreeTops Canopy Tour Participant's Responsibilities
- Each participant must wear closed-toed shoes, which we do not provide for you. Bring your own! The minimum weight to participate is 90 pounds, and the maximum is 260.
- Each participant must sign a Release, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity form prior to participation. Participants under the age of 18 years must have a signed waiver by a parent. Release forms are available on-line or via fax upon request.
Download the TreeTops Canopy Tour Release Form
- The zipline canopy tour is designed for use by participants of average mobility and strength, and who are in reasonable good health.
- Each participant must be physically able to control their speed as they zip by reaching overhead and grasping the cable behind the trolley with a leather glove.
- Each participant, while suspended in the air, must be able to pull themselves along the zip cable a few feet in the event they lose momentum before reaching any given platform or landing zone.
- There is a 830 foot nature walk, on an unpaved trail at an incline of about 10%, that is needed to gain elevation to zip to the next station. Each participant must be able to make this walk. It is approximately as challenging as climbing two flights of stairs.
- We recommend that everyone in your group be familiar with our literature, tour(s), trips(s), format(s), policies and risks. We have a specific brochure for each product. Not only can you and your group members find information here on this website, but also on Class VI-Mountain River's website (class-vi.com) and Rivermen's website (rivermen.com). It is YOUR responsibility as the group organizer to see that everyone in your group is familiar with our literature, participant guidelines and tour guidelines. Call us (or request them online via our websites) if you need more brochures mailed to you, or download it now.
TreeTops Canopy Tour Guidelines
TreeTops Canopy Tour Policy
- The Canopy Tour will go rain or shine (except for lightning and high winds). We will make every attempt to contact you ahead of time if we need to cancel your tour due to the weather or other unforeseeable conditions. If we cannot reschedule your tour we will give you a raincheck or refund.
- You are required to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled start time.
- If you are late for your tour, you forfeit your spot and will NOT receive a refund.
- The tour will leave at the scheduled time whether the entire group is present or not.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions given in English.
- Weight: Minimum is 90 pounds, maximum is 260 pounds
- Age: Minimum is 10 years old; Participants between the ages of 10 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult, able to run the course unassisted and have a signed waiver from a parent or legal guardian. If the adult doesn’t wish to zip with a 10 to 17 year olds, they must stay on the premises while their youth is on the tour.
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to participate in the tour.People with heart, leg, back problems, diabetes, seizure disorder, recent or reoccuring injuries, or other serious illnesses will need consultation with their physician and/or TreeTops staff to determine if they are suitable for the tour.
- Participants must be somewhat comfortable with heights. A fear of heights should not be an eliminating factor as the tour is constructed to build confidence as it progresses.
- TreeTops Canopy Tour and Adventure West Virginia Resort reserve the right to refuse anyone access to the Canopy Tour due to medical issues, safety concerns, equipment specifications based on size and height, or any other reason deemed appropriate by the guide.
Dress appropriately for an extended outdoor experience. You must wear closed-toe shoes. We will be outdoors for up to 3 1/2 hours. Shoes with good tread are recommended.
Long hair must be tied back.
No dangling jewelry.
No dresses or skirts.
Please bring prescribed medications with you. No alcohol or illicit drugs prior to or during the canopy tour.